I have had a very adventurous life and have done a lot of stupid things in life and here they are.
1. Around 1992 or sometime then, One of my friends was getting married in a Punjab and around that time terrorism was still little bit left, Pillion riding was banned, so we went on our own bikes, reached the venue it was a late night wedding, enjoyed a lot had lots to drink, were all tipsy, someone decided let’s go back.. So off we went. On way back there was a roundabout on a GT road, usually you go around left, for some reason it was decided we go around the right side. As we did that OH MY GOD…
God knows from where these Punjab Police Commandoes came, we could hear the click click of the rifles getting cocked… Get down… On the floor… It was scary… DAMN… We became sober in a second.
Thank god we were not shot, we had to plead the officer, show him our flying I-Cards to convince we were just playing around. They made us sit there for an hour before letting us go.
2. Final year exams, one of my friends decided to steal a empty answer sheet, so it could be used for cheating in the exam, I and Ravi my best friend went to the examination hall sat on the very first desks, next to the door… as the invigilator placed the answer sheet on first desk, Ravi got up, ran clutching the sheets, I ran after him, the teacher behind us shouting catch catch.. I was running after Ravi to make sure no one comes near because if caught this is a criminal offence and could be rusticated from university. It is funny now thinking of it as Did the teacher not realise that even I have not returned back to the classroom.
3. On a nice Sunday morning four of us decided to go for a walk in the jungle (picture) behind sukhna lake in Chandigarh, No one knew the way, obviously we got lost, whatever food, water we had finished, tired in middle of the afternoon we reached a lake, for some odd reason it was decided to swim through it rather than go around it, Sunil a friend was asked if he knew how to swim, he said yes..
There we go, took our clothes off put them in a carrier bag, In we went…we were half way in when there was a big splash, Sunil had run and jumped inside.. He went in, then his head popped up… and again down… OMG he had lied to us… we dashed towards him, Now Sunil is a 6ft 3 inches tall Big guy, Power lifting is his hobby I mean he is HUGE, I got hold of him he grabbed me , almost dragged me in with him. I somehow managed to get free.
Luckily there was this tree , sunil held on to it for dear life. The other two had come, I swam out, We took off our turbans, tied them up , threw it inside and pulled him out of water, a funny thing before that happened we asked Sunil to jump back in water and let go of the tree and we will pull him out, he replies “NO I am fine here “.. he he he he
He would have died that day. Later we met a villager he told us “Sahib Woh to das haathi Dob hai”. Meaning it’s as deep as ten elephants standing on top of each other.
4. Second year in college, we thought we were the bosses of college by then, One day instead of going straight to college I went to my friend Babbar’s house to go together with him, another mate Pummy was already there, as I entered they were pleased “oh good bikram you are here, we have a fight in university”, silly me didn’t even ask what it was, We went to our college to get hold of rest of the people.
I and one friend planned to go to uni to have a recce, to see what was going on, as we entered uni, next to the Gandhi Bhavan we saw a Big MOB, 100+, tall Strong, Sikh men standing. I looked like a kid in front of them, we did not take any notice of the guys at that time, One of the guys in them was my Chachu’s(uncle) best friend, I stopped to say hello to him, as we talked I asked him what are they doing as they studied in Punjabi university Patiala, his words were some idiots have threatened and challenged us to meet up here for a fight, OH MY GOD.. then it hit me ..
Then I realised they were the guys with whom Pummy had picked a fight. We were only at most 8 or 10 guys they were it seemed 100+. Never felt so alone in life, I quickly told him it’s us people who they were waiting for, I made up a story that I had asked my chachu to come too, so his friend said why, what’s the need since I was the nephew no need to fight, a compromise was reached. It was decided to get Pummy so he can shake hands on it, This guy got his car asked us to sit to drop us at our college gate, Believe me when I sat in the back seat I could see BATONS, SWORDS, HOCKEY STICKS, various other stuff.
I thanked god I saw this guy otherwise we would have got beaten black and blue that day.
5. A funny moment of madness, GT ROAD, Punjab, NCC Vayu sainik Camp held in Patiala, middle of the night someone decided we should run away from camp go for a walk, many of us got together, eloped into the night.
On to the road ANOTHER BRILLIANT idea struck someone lets walk naked on the main highway… Now imagine a group of boys, Naked, walking on the Grand Truck with cars blaring horns… the truck drivers using their dippers to full effect… We did that for a laugh but now it seems to be a moment of madness.
So lets hear what you guys have been up to , I would love to hear about them all. Ok here are the rules those who take it up make sure you tag it to 5 people. That way We can have fun reading a few nice stories and re living those times , for even if they were moments of madness I bet now that you think of them they put a smile on your face.
Do leave a Url link in comments section so i can read tooo Please.
Have a great week ahead …